Posted By admin
I’m very active on Quora and this Blog post extends an answer I made on their platform about Timeless Search Engine Marketing Tips. This post is simply meant to give you some perspective on effective baseline search engine marketing that if incorporatee in your overall marketing mix will be beneficial. Image is there to get your attention and I love the dramatic impact.
1) Quality content that is “social enabled” and repurposed five times (minimum) will help to drive SEO rankings, traffic visibility, brand awareness, etc. I did an earlier Blog Post: “Powerful Strategies for Content Marketing” that will give you more insight about leveraging content.
2) WordPress 3.1 is a wonderful content platform, great built in CMS, tens of thousands of plugins that extend its functionality – building your site (I did) on WordPress will do great things for your SEO rankings. I don’t mean to imply by itself; this is a good platform to start with and build on.
3) Update your site frequently via Blog posts, with keyword rich titles reflected in the content (if possible) and the right SEO plugin. The defacto standard is: All in One SEO Pack.
4) Incorporate images and videos in blog post for richer content and better SEO rankings – make sure your images have Titles and Descriptions that incorporate your keywords.
5) Generate real time search results utilizing Keywords and Hashtags via Twitter and across the social web. Twitter serves 19B plus searches a month and you want your content to be found and accessed to drive traffic, leads and revenue.
6) Cross link all of your Blog posts with each other and static pages in your site.
7) Develop quality backlinks via published Articles with embedded & optimized individual links, comment tag (intelligently/not spam) on other Blogs to generate backlinks, build credibility and expand your brand.
8) Google likes “authority web sites” – the more quality content you have that is well written, optimized and cross linked, the better your SERPs. But, one caveat, try to “speak” to your visitor with quality content that is meaningful.
10) Set up profiles across the social web and cross promote your content – I’ve done this for clients and the results have been great. Social-enabling your content is a good thing for SEO, traffic, and brand development.
Finally, there are no secrets to successful SEO marketing – like anything done well, nothing ventured nothing gained – good SEO takes hard work and patience. It’s a blend of art and science if you will.