We see blog post content costs all over the map - from $40. per blog post up to $250. range and more. It’s sinful not to syndicate your content; your losing valuable marketing ROI, back links, brand exposure and not leveraging your front end marketing costs.
1) RSS Syndication is utilized by every publisher on the web from CNN to Huffington Post - most use some kind of Feedburner and Ping services combo. We have generated significant marketing ROI for clients by more aggressively promoting RSS Feeds using RSS Directory submissions - if your vendor of choice doesn’t have a list of at least 150 plus your missing important marketing ROI.
2) TwitterFeed has emerged as an important content syndication platform - it feeds your Blog to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Be aware at times TwitterFeed (like many others) can have API issues and your posts can get held up. But, it’s a great service and used by hundreds of thousands of brands.
3) Stumble Upon has emerged as one of the highest volume “content syndication engines” (our term), with over 25 million registered users around the world. If you check your Twitter stream you will find millions (our best guestimate) of StumbleUpon users who are Tweeting out links to StumbleUpon.
4) Ifittt is rapidly emerging as a very cool platform and service for savvy content marketers. Their tagline says it all: “put the Internet to work for you.” They have been growing rapidly and we like their TOS - no idea about monetization moving forward. Would expect them to mirror a DropBox monetization pricing at some point.
In their environment it’s all about Triggers, Actions and Channels. You can find “Channels” for just about every platform, ranging from Craig’s List to Facebook - if you think about content syndication creatively this is the right platform!
5) We’d be remiss if we didn’t recommend cross platform syndication across the social web. The list of platforms and content syndication is endless - if you are using WordPress (you should be) for a web site platform there are hundreds of content syndication plugins.
6) Don’t forget about video content syndication. Your not really amplifying video content with YouTube and Vimeo. The defacto industry standard service is Traffic Geyser. It’s actually a lead generation platform with back end functionality for lead generation and optimization, although many just use it for content syndication.
7) Socialize your content syndication using an application like AddThis - enabling your visitors to easily share your content with their connections - note, they also have very powerful analytics baked in to the product.
Takeaways for Content Syndication Strategy:
- Lower and leverage your overall content costs.
- Extend your brand reach into incremental communities.
- Reach and engage incrementally across the social web.
- Maximize barriers to entry for your competitors.
- Generate incremental lead generation and revenue opportunities.