Creating a Meaningful Content Strategy//
In today’s always on smartphone driven world a content marketing strategy is now the critical differentiator for making your business stand out!
What is it? A content marketing strategy is not a simple solution or action. It’s a method and a mindset, focusing on producing and sharing meaningful content: web site pages, blog posts, images, infographics, and videos across the social web.
Five Rules that Drive Content Marketing Success
1) An effective content strategy starts with the big picture and then drills down to a more granular level. What do you want to convey about the company, services or products that drives perception of your brand as a thought leader. Take the high ground and then fill in the details.
2) Recognize content marketing is an asset and it’s going to more expensive at the front end of the process. Cheap content rarely drives high value!
3) Leverage your content investment by sharing across all of your social media accounts with a rinse and repeat component that recycles your content on a reoccurring basis.
4) If a bigger brand, your content has to promote a consistent voice, user experience and business process that works for all departments; i.e. customer service, sales and marketing. Rotate content marketing across all stakeholders.
5) Tell and build a story about your brand. “Story” means create engaging content that has humor and passion and don’t be afraid to take risks by being provocative. Remember the old maxim about PR: “any PR is good PR.” See: Lady Gaga’s path to “fame and fortune.”
We hope this blog post helps to map out a basic content marketing strategy – for more details please click this link to download our 25 page PDF: “Creating High Value Content.”
Leave a Reply
Any comments containing links will be removed!Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!