Have you hugged your landing page today? You should - your online marketing campaigns can stand or fail on the quality of your page and the associated information around it. We would suggest following these critical landing page marketing steps.
1) Must load fast - today’s online consumer has about as much patience online as they do waiting for that first morning cup of Java from Starbucks (Read None!)
2) Less is more on the form - the more info you request typically your conversions drop on par. Although this can be impacted by the implicit offer.
3) Integrate the URL of the Landing Page with corporate web site to drive conversions and brand awareness.
4) No external links on the page to anything else (minimize distractions).
5) Clean graphics that reinforce the branding; but ugly can work some times too. In advertising, if your brand messaging stands out this can be a good thing. Like to ancient adage about PR: “any PR is better than no PR” (except if you are BP)
6) Registration form should be backed up by “thank you page” that reinforces the branding and messaging - not a plain vanilla “thanks for……”
7) Test, retest and test your offers again.
8) Add a Sociables component to the Thank You page for Liking, Sharing, ReTweeting - may give your more lift and awareness across the social web.
9) If you can make it viral in some way, can greatly leverage your media costs.
10) Make sure you have analytics working o the page and review them frequently, especially during testing period.
11) Keyword optimize the page if you can - I’ve seen one page standalone landing pages generate 300-500 organic visitors per month, or more depending on the client’s market niche.
Last but not least, hug that page - it’s performing a lonely job! If you need help on any aspects of your landing page marketing please connect here.