Posted By admin
Twitter’s sizzling growth is growing like a digital rocket ship - it’s becoming a global communications platform and we expect Twitter’s exec staff to bulk up functionality as we move forward through 2011, moving into video, audio and SMS.
Also, Google is starting to integrate hash tag Tweets (posts) and plain vanilla Tweets in their search results with page one rankings in many cases. Our Killer content strategy for Twitter:
1) Use Twit pics to show people what’s going on around you (upload to your Flickr account too).
2) Follow thought leaders in your industry and comment and build on what they are talking about.
3) Don’t sprinkle in lots of quotes – this is getting mundane for many and old school (Twitter passe if you will).
4) Throw in a personal anecdote to add some personality to your Twitter content – be provocative, remember any “Twitter buzz” is better than none at all.
5) Remember ancient media like magazines and newspapers – read and Tweet about what you think is provocative, insightful or agree or disagree with.
6) Be provocative when you believe in a point you want to share; didn’t like Avatar? Okay, let people know why – maybe you don’t like special effects or think Jim’s already “king of the world” and doesn’t need the “Benjamins.“
7) Take that blood, sweat and tears your putting into your Blog and re tweet it – we like the Tweetable WordPress Plugin.
8) Review products or services that you like/dislike. Case in point, we Tweeted about how much we didn’t like GoDaddy’s services and they “Followed” us with a generic “offer Tweet” – we bleeped em from our account, negative Tweeting in action.
9) Sign up for and use industry newsletters to come up with topics to Tweet about that are timely and/or informative.
10) Write Pithy Headlines that garner attention: “The iPhone That At My Lunch”
11) Timing impacts a killer content strategy for Twitter – most Twitter traffic typically occurs at 4PM Eastern Standard Time here in the US.
12) Include links in your Tweets – studies have indicated these get Re-Tweeted much more frequently.
13) Break News when you can – the 30th Tweet about Google’s earnings isn’t going to garner much attention unless Eric Shcmidt’s mother happens to be Following your Twitter stream.
14) If you can slip in a RickRoll now and then it should elicit some humor or Re Tweets if done well.
Come back later for more killer content strategy for Twitter and check our previous Blog post about Using Twitter for Business